Foundations: A Student Success Series In-Person
Join us on select Wednesdays for food, friends, and key tools for college success!
Each session will begin with a presentation focused on a specific academic skill followed by dinner and time to connect with the Writing Center, the library, or peer academic mentors.
October 4: Reading in the Disciplines
Academic texts can be hard to understand, especially when reading in a new discipline. Dr. Miller, Dr. Ruark, and Dr. Townsend will discuss strategies for reading scholarly sources in the social sciences, the sciences, and the humanities.
Chick-fil-A will be served!!
- 5:30 PM: Presentation
- 6:00 PM : Dinner
- 6:30 - 7 PM: Optional time for questions or help setting up appointments with writing center consultants, library research help, and academic peer mentors
- November 1: Taking Notes Effectively
- November 29: Studying for Finals
- February 7: Limiting Distraction to Increase Focus
- March 6: Motivation to Persist
- April 3: Jumpstart Your Writing